– Advertisement –
Kayaking means the use of a kayak to move across the water. A kayak is a small boat that uses a double-bladed paddle to glide through the water. It is a trendy and adventurous sport. Kayaking is also a great form of exercise. Kayak exercise can reduce fat and gain lean muscle if it is done regularly. Beginners in the field of kayaking need to take proper training and must acquire the appropriate sports gear. This article will help out the newbie.
Every sport has a proper set of equipment. Of course, a kayak and its paddle are the primary gears, but there are other necessary items one needs to carry while kayaking.
- Personal Flotation Device or PFD: PFD is a life jacket. It is a significant gear for any sorts of water sports, even if the person is an expert swimmer. Since the water flow is very harsh in different areas for even an advanced swimmer, the person needs to carry a life jacket along. It might come in handy in case of any emergencies.
- Appropriate dress-up items: It is advisable to dress up for kayaking according to the weather. Cotton clothes are not recommended for kayaking at all. For warm weather, swimwear or shorts and a T-shirt are advisable. If the weather is on the cooler side, then a lightweight fleece jacket is a great option. A wetsuit is a must-have for winters as it can prevent the body from the cold-water splashes. A rain jacket can also be used during monsoons while kayaking. Paddling shoes made up of neoprene are advisable.
- Other necessary items: A first-aid box needs to be taken along for any cases of emergencies. A watch, a headlamp, and a whistle are mandatory gears as well. A person must carry water for drinking and some snacks if the kayaking is scheduled for a longer time.
Kayaking water body preferences:
It is necessary to choose the type of water body before kayaking.
- Lakes or ponds are the best options for beginners in terms of safety.
- However, for the experts, rivers and seas are a more thrilling option, provided that necessary precautions are precisely followed.
Kayaking as exercise
Kayak exercise has significant health benefits. Kayaking is an exercise for both the mind and the body.
- Paddling is a very strenuous activity that can help in gaining upper body strength. Following the proper techniques of kayaking is an efficient exercise for the arms, torso, and back. The arm movements are a perfect exercise for the muscles and improve flexibility. The legs are also continuously active as they need to steer the kayak and maintain balance.
- Kayaking is also an efficient exercise for improving cardiovascular health. It can help gain stamina and increase oxygen levels in the lungs. Overall, kayaking is a meditative and recreational activity.
Kayaking is a perfect sport for people who love adventures. The health benefits of kayaking, along with the thrill of the sport, make the experience all the more desirable.
– Advertisement –
Download Server Watch Online Full HD