Traffic accidents often happen on the busy roads of Roseville. For an injured driver, things can change drastically in no time. Following such a mishap, you need to take appropriate steps and work on filing an injury claim against the at-fault party. It is quite possible that more than one party is accountable for your losses. You may feel disturbed and shocked immediately after, but it is as important to take the right steps. Consider consulting the lawyers of brianazemikalaw.com to get a fair understanding of California laws. Below is an overview of what you should do after a car crash in Roseville.
At the scene
- Report the accident to local law enforcement.
- Remain at the scene and cooperate with the officer in charge.
- Note down the details of the responding officer.
- Get details of other drivers, including license details and insurance info.
- If you feel okay, take photos of the scene.
- Take videos and pictures of your injuries.
- Seek medical care, even when you have not sustained catastrophic injuries.
Call an attorney
Injury lawyers can help evaluate your accident claim. Most law firms in Roseville will offer free consultations, and you should meet an experienced attorney in person to learn about the process. The right lawyer will do the following for you –
- Check what your damages are worth and determine the parties liable for the accident.
- Evaluate available evidence and investigate further to find more details.
- Handle communications with the insurance companies on your behalf.
- Analyze other factors that may impact your claim.
- Negotiate the settlement with the claims adjuster.
- File a lawsuit in court.
How much will your injury lawyer charge?
Unlike criminal lawyers, who usually demand an hourly rate, injury lawyers get a fee only after the client has recovered a settlement. The arrangement remains the same for pedestrian accidents, car accidents, and other injury lawsuits. While the experience of your lawyer is a key factor, the standard contingency fee is 33% of the final amount. Talk to the law firm about other costs related to the claim. Many lawyers offer assistance for clients in distress, which is adjusted after receiving compensation.
It may take a few months to win your accident claim, but this is the time to get the best legal support. Let an attorney take over and investigate the accident from scratch. They will also look for witnesses and experts who can testify for your claim.