Ganesh Chaturthi also called Vinayaka Chaturthi is a Hindu Religious festival celebrating all over the nation because of the arrival of Ganesh with mother Goddess Pravati to earth from Kailash Parvat. This year this amazing festival is on 22nd August and ends after 11 days. Everyone knows that our world is fighting with the deadly COVID-19 and because of this government made guidelines for this festival and we have to celebrate this festival under these government guidelines. The guidelines issued by the various state are given below.
Delhi Pollution Control Committee stated that while celebrating this festival, we have to maintain social distancing and no large gathering in one place. By DDMA the guidelines issued are:
- If someone violating the guidelines then they will be fined of ₹ 50,000.
- Statue submersion in the Yamuna river is banned.
- Delhi Police checks every vehicle which enters the city.
- If someone spreading rumor then on this Delhi Police will have special attention.
In Maharashtra, for making “Mandals” you have to take the permission from the municipality or local authority, and the guidelines for celebrating this festival are:
- The maximum height of the statue will be 4 feet.
- For home, Ganesha’s statue will not greater than 2 feet.
- Ganesh Mandals will not allow submersion of the statue.
- Less crowd or no crowd during daily aarti and less noise pollution during live aarti.
Karnataka government allows making pandals and have to follow the government guidelines.
- Only one pandal is allowed in one village and the organizers have to maintain only 20 people at one time.
- Cultural programs not allowed during Ganesh Chaturthi.
- No public parades are allowed.
- Ganesha’s statue should be immersed in wells.
- In-home, the statue will be immersed.
- Organizers have to wear a mask and maintain social distancing while doing pooja.
- Ganesha’s statue should purchase only online.
- The statue should be sold only on an open area, not on the roadside.
- Less crowd in the pandals. Pune Police checks anytime during the patrolling.
- Arrange a water tank for the submersion of the statue.
- They have to maintain social distancing and should wear masks and use sanitizers.
- Food stalls are not allowed in front of pandals.
- Only 10 peoples are allowed at the pandals.
- Fireworks prohibited.
- In containment zones, no celebration is allowed.
- In the whole family, only two persons are allowed to go into submersion.
- Private vehicles are allowed to take the statue to the river. Common vehicles are not permitted.
- Timing for submersion is between 5 PM to 10 PM.
- The places where submersion is allowed are Santa Monica Jetty; Ferry Warf, Panaji; Miramar Beach; Caranzalem Beach near Martins and Swimsea; Ferry Warf, Ribandar; Captain of Ports Jetty; Panaji; Manaswada, Sao Pedro and Fondvem, Ribandar; Four Pillars, Mala; Near Old PWD Office, Patto.
We request you to follow the guidelines while celebrating this amazing festival and please maintain the social distancing and wear masks and use the sanitizers for precaution from the COVID-19. Till then read our other articles and follow dekhnews for more updates and stay tuned with us.
The post Ganesh Chaturthi 2020 Guidelines: Rules & Regulations What’s allowed, What’s not first appeared on Dekh News.