ColourPop Secret Crush Pressed Powder Blush ($10.00 for 0.13 oz.) is a medium-dark pink with subtle, warm undertones and a fine smattering of gold micro-sparkle over a semi-matte finish. The texture was fairly soft–a little more powdery in the pan–but it applied evenly and blended out nicely on my bare skin. It had buildable coverage from medium to mostly opaque (two to three layers), which was in line with how the formula is marketed. It stayed on well for eight hours before fading visibly.
FURTHER READING: Formula Overview for details on general performance and characteristics (like scent).
- Too Faced So Peachy (P, $30.00) is darker (95% similar).
- Chanel Quintessence (440) (P, $45.00) is less shimmery, warmer (95% similar).
- Marc Jacobs Beauty Exhibitionist (LE, ) is less shimmery, darker, warmer (95% similar).
- Patrick Ta She’s That Girl (Powder) (PiP, ) is warmer (90% similar).
- Makeup Geek XOXO (P, $10.00) is less shimmery, darker, warmer (90% similar).
- NARS New Attitude (LE, $30.00) is less shimmery, lighter (90% similar).
- Dior Miss (047) (P, $44.00) is less shimmery, darker (90% similar).
- LORAC Underrated (LE, ) is less shimmery, warmer (90% similar).
- Anastasia Breeze (LE, ) is more shimmery, darker, warmer (90% similar).
- Wayne Goss Sweetened (PiP, ) is less shimmery, warmer (90% similar).
$10.00/0.13 oz. – $76.92 Per Ounce
The formula is supposed to go on “smoothly” and have a “natural and healthy flush” that has “long wear” and “can be layered to your desired intensity.” It is a lightly to moderately powdery powder blush with semi-sheer to semi-opaque, buildable color payoff. The consistency has a drier, thinner feel and though it feels silky to the touch, I found it the type of powder blush can be tricky to blend out evenly on the skin, depending on one’s skin type or base preferences. The drier the skin/base, the better the formula would blend, but any natural oils or slip caused the blush to go on unevenly and was difficult to blend out. The wear was between seven and eight hours on me on average.
Browse all of our ColourPop Pressed Powder Blush swatches.
talc, boron nitride, nylon-12, synthetic fluorphlogopite, magnesium stearate, hydrogenated polyisobutene, zinc stearate, ethylhexyl palmitate, distarch phosphate, silica, calcium sodium borosilicate, calcium aluminum borosilicate, aluminum calcium sodium silicate, hydrolyzed theobroma cacao seed butter, phenoxyethanol, dimethicone, caprylyl glycol, octocrylene, butyrospermum parkii (shea) butter, ethylhexylglycerin, hexylene glycol, tocopheryl acetate, tin oxide, quercetin, alumina, triethoxycaprylylsilane. may contain: bismuth oxychloride (ci 77163), blue 1 lake (ci 42090), iron oxides (ci 77491, ci 77492, ci 77499), mica (ci 77019), red 6 (ci 15850), red 7 (ci 15850), red 7 lake (ci 15850), red 27 lake (ci 45410), red 28 lake (ci 45410), red 40 lake (ci 16035), titanium dioxide (ci 77891), yellow 5 lake (ci 19140).